Windows update is a good thing but in some aspect annoying especially when you have limited data to surf the net and you notice in not less than a blink you are out of data. So many people has actually accuse computers of consuming so much data than any other device but that's not true.One aspect that Microsoft got very wrong was Windows Updates.
You might want to kill the update feature altogether. In this article, I explain how to stop Windows from auto Updates.
How to Stop Windows From Automatic Updates ( Windows,7,8,10)
- Press Win + R.
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Click on Computer Configuration.
- Select Administrative Templates.
- Click on All Settings.
- Scroll down to Configure Automatic Updates and double-click on the entry.
- Select Enabled in the top left-hand corner.
- Choose Notify for download and auto install.
- Click Apply.
However you can check for new updates manually.Just follow the steps below to check for windows updates
How to Manually Check for Windows Updates
To check for updates manually, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and hit the Check for Updates button.